YOU WILL NEED
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion (50g), finely chopped
- ½ red pepper (60g), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 10g Berbere Seasoning
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 level tsp tomato purée
- 125g peeled green prawns
- ¼ tsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- spring onion for garnish
Toss the prawns in a little oil and the Berbere spice mix.
Heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the prawns and cook for 1 minute. Remove and reserve until needed.
Add the red onion and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
Add the red pepper, garlic, tomatoes, tomato purée, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes.
Garnish with Spring onion